I’ve been nominated by Galaxy Star 7 for “The Versatile Blogger award”. I woke up to an email with her telling me I was at like 2am and I practically squealed and almost knocked my bf unconscious in excitement (no domestic violence here! haha). I’d like to personally thank you Galaxy Star 7 for all of the wonderful ideas you’ve given me for my nails as we share the same interest and styles<3
The official rules for TVBA is as follows:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’ve copied and pasted this from the actual Versatile Blogger blog so if you’d like to check that out, go ahead!
As it states, choose 15 that I’ve recently discovered. As others may choose people that are relatively blog noobs like myself, I haven’t discovered newer noobs yet but will be on a mission to do so. However, the bloggers that I have chosen are people that I read on every day and have filled my hunger for daily reading. From poetry to fashion, they are my glass of southern sweet too (and don’t I love my sweet tea!).
My nominees are as follows:
- Fairy Tale Epidemic
- Sand paper kisses
- Polish Fox
- Clouds N Cups
- Thrift Your Heart Out
- Harsh Reality
- Bunny and Pork Belly
- Rejoice For the Day
- Too Thrifty Chicks
- For the Love of Nike
- Retcon Poet
- Fashion for Lunch
- Andrew Duckworth
Ya’ll are awesome bloggers!<3 Everyone I’m following and everyone that’s been reading along my posts, ya’ll are the save button to my document :]
Now, it says to state 7 things about me… hmmm…
- I have a very fat dog that I love ever so dearly. Her name is Hershey like the choco company. She’s a tricolored bagel (basset beagle mix). Black-Dark chocolate, Brown-Milk chocolate & White-White chocolate. She’s one of the smartest dogs I’ve ever seen IRL lol. She’s a good guard dog, however I’m pretty sure if a robber had bacon in their pocket she’ll love them forever. This sounds weird but…I met Hershey online…I was younger and looking for a pet and saw her with a different name and everything. My local SPCA told us that another family wanted her. We kept checking up and the day the fam was supposed to take her, they never showed up and lo and behold it was meant to be<3 A lot of people call her Splinter San from TMNT because, well, aside from Snoopy, a mini calf, and pony, she sure as hell looks like Master Splinter haha. Anytime she hears loud noises and hears anyone yelling/fighting, she runs into an empty room until it’s quiet again. Yes, she HATES fighting! She also understands Tagalog alongside of English lol. She’s my PIC all of the time!
She’s always part of my survival kit during our Virginia hurricanes lol
2. I’m Filipino mixed with JDM blood. A lot of people usually can’t tell what I am but then again I don’t generally look the same everyday depending on how I do up myself lol. People usually name every other asian when looking at me. I’ve even gotten a couple of discounts at other local asian stores for the simple fact that they thought I was one of them (shiiiiiiiit I ain’t complainin’!) I used to speak japanese when I was a kid because my mom’s mom was a japanese teacher back in the day however my japanese blood comes from my mom’s dad’s side. Tagalog was generally my first language and then english. I do not have a filipino accent however when I speak english.
3. I was born in Raleigh, North Carolina but about 3 days after I popped out we moved to Virginia Beach, Virginia. I’ve been here ever since and ain’t never moved anywhere else. As VA is still considered the south (and where murrica started), I randomly have a country accent that pops out when it likes to. A lot of people that talk to me on the phone and then see me in person always gives me funny looks when they realize I’m an asian girl with a southern twain haha.
4. When I have to call places to check hours and prices, I generally use a different voice when I speak JUST FOR THE FACT THAT I do NOT like it when people hear my actual voice in a store and realize that I’m the dumbass who called and depending on their moods that day, are shitty to me. Yes, I can do different voices lol. Call me weird but oh well.
5. I grew up being surrounded by male friends and 2 brosephs. My oldest brother used to pay me in slurpees to help him fix his cars back in the day. He used to own a hatchi roku trueno (aka 1986 corolla) and an AE92 and he used to drift. Since I was around him so much, for my 15th birthday (you know a little later eligible for a permit) I got a Nissan 240sx s13 chuki hatchback. I then learned how to slide later on and even ended up with yet ANOTHER s13 zenki hatchback. Notice my Hello Kitty JDM driver’s badge decal and my Chanel purse, yes those were mine before I sold them for my Pathfinder haha. Although I miss my “car life”, I happen to enjoy my 4×4 when it’s shitty weather time. I also am a gamer. I love MMOs and FPSs. If I’m not out and about, I’m stuck on the computer grinding/farming. At the moment I’m playing an MMO called Tera Online.
I’m glad that I’ve acquired these guy likings. I have a wonderful boyfriend for years now that I have a lot in common with. We ended up talking to each other initially about cars and gaming and look, we went from friends to best friends and lovers. Although no relationship is perfect, we work pretty hard together. If you want something, you MUST work for it. We’re not perfect and no one else is either. .From today on, we’ll be discovering even more things together 🙂 It’s nice to share favorites and hobbies with people you love. I’ll save you in game and in real life anyday! ❤ you!
6. I FUCKING LOVE FOOD. I eat and cook ALL THE TIME. I honestly don’t give much of a damn if I look perfect in a bikini when I die. I seriously don’t. I’m healthy enough to be alive atm just the way I am and look fabulous in my outfits JUST THE WAY I AM. I mean, everyone wants to “tone up” sometimes but at this point, I think I’m alright. There are other people who are way skinner than me but couldn’t pull off looks that I can so HA. I started cooking by learning to make rice when I was like 5. My dad has been a teppanyaki chef since before I was born and I’ve been using chopsticks without the noob fix at the top with a rubber band for decades. I cook a plethora of food. American, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Italian and the list goes on. I’m not really one to measure when I’m cooking either. I just go by flaaaavaaa and BAM I cook awesome shit. Btw, them cheeks you see in my pics? Yeah, even if I became anorexic, they will never go away.
7. A lot of people wonder about that double outline star tattoo that I have on the left side of my chest. A lot of people also don’t know the story behind it. The 5 points of the star represent both of my parents ,my 2 siblings and I. The star itself represents the north star which “guides you home”. “Home is where the heart is” which is why it’s towards the left. As inkers/inkees know, black is easiler lasered off. Blue is definitely not. No matter what happens to break us down (black ink), we’re still strong to be together no matter wtf happens (blue ink).I thank God each and everyday for what I have instead of bitching about the crap I don’t. So no guys, I did not get that tattoo to be a slut. If anyone wants to think that, let it be.
Well guys that’s all for my lengthy ass post! Thanks again to everyone reading! Now my sons and daughters…GO FORTH.